We saved the jars from our wedding party favor candles for a later date when I knew they would be filled once again! Here's how we made our double batch of MitchaRachia candles - rosemary and pine for one batch and basil and geranium for the other.
- Freeze old candles to easily pop out the old wax
- Assemble supplies: we used half paraffin/half beeswax, wicks, wall hanging stickers, essential oils, chopsticks, double boiler, wooden spoon, melting pot
- Use wall stickers/poster adhesive to attach the metal bottoms of the wicks to the middle of the glass jar bottom
- Melt wax in double boiler, add essential oil (we used 10-15 drops of each)
- Once wax is melted, let cool (we did about 20 minutes, but will try less next time because the wax caved in after we poured it)
- Use chopsticks to help hold the wicks in the middle and carefully pour wax
- Let cool!
As I mentioned, our candles caved in after they cooled, so we melted the pan scrapings and topped off the candles the next day. It worked fine and the candles burn perfectly!
We were able to clean everything easily by heating up the pans a bit and wiping with paper towels. We will now have a candle supply until next winter and for now we'll burn our creation and take on another project in preparation for spring.